Friday, June 17, 2011

IPMYC&TWAT



I call your phone & your phone calls my phone


& that’s how it begins. Simple, right? The tattoo


underneath the tattoo


speaks the language I want to learn. I put my ear


to it, the warm part lip dabbing. Above me, you look


anguished. Then royalty! Then kinda anguished


again. Just remember, a man


invented marriage just like a man invented


months. And windows. And delicacies. The only things


we have to teach each other


are things we already know




*




the idea of myself that I love


is very different from the idea of myself that you love, but now


we have more control over those ideas – what pic will be your pic


& what people get to see it. I watch the other you


do the other things you love to do & money


showers the room




*



my abandoned profiles Frankenstein somewhere.


They crawl the dungeons of listservs looking to party.


They have more hair & a lot less money – cigar nubs & mounting


doubt. Let’s load up & hunt the 22 year old online Justin Sirois down


like the confused prick that he is





*




things got rather Black Metal then. I forgot how to


talk on the phone, I forgot how to pet a dog, I finally


forgot how to burrito. Sadness is pocket-size


& can fill a gymnasium. Somewhere along the way


I got mean. I stopped loving. I sharpened every pencil


in the house. I sewed special pockets into my jeans


for sharpened things. I locked the door. I pulled out


of the driveway. The road ripened


& disappeared




*



years




*





dark-blunder & waste. Tiny assholes* separate the


good stuff from the good stuff




*




when you Googled & found Justin he was a bit older. Less hair.


More expensive boots. He seemed a little unfocused, but


passionate about something. He wanted to use the word


healthy in place of rad




*




everything wasn’t lost, though. I eventually remembered


how to burrito. I saw a woman release a jar of


lightning bugs half way through a lackluster summer comedy


& the theatre swooned & everyone took off their shirts. Look!


The shape of my skull started to resemble to shape of


faith & I learn how to properly use a semi-colon & I probably


made you laugh maybe


& that was awesome, too





No comments: