Tuesday, December 4, 2012

what a great new Amazon review for So Say the Waiters


By Abby Byrnes

I met the author when he talked about _So Say The Waiters_ at a local bookstore. I bought a copy and finished it in one sitting; it felt like binge-reading but I really could not put it down! It is phenomenal! Sirois has created a constellation of characters that are engaging and feel real, from Dani and Henry to Uly and even Barnstormer.

As a Baltimorean, I enjoyed playing "guess the location" with the places in the book. Even more, I appreciated that Sirois included a broad cross-section of places and people, from the (not) hipster bartender to the whitebread suburban programmer to the westside black teen who rides dirt bikes (and writes poetry). The book offered a window into their lives, and now that I've finished it, I keep wondering what they are doing now, and what the next kidnApp adventure will be.

I can't wait for the next book in the series, and the next one, and the next one!

http://www.amazon.com/Say-Waiters-episodes-1-5-Volume/dp/147926282X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354636956&sr=8-2&keywords=so+say+the+waiters

No comments: