Friday, August 3, 2012

here's a fucking poem




here is a photo of a dead person, here

is another. I took this photo of

a living person & now, after some time living,

they are dead.

I never bothered valuing the time between

the photo & the fact

because who the fuck has time for that?

*

I gathered up

what self-esteem I had & plunged myself

into success

& look at all the power I’m enjoying now

look at all this power. It’s hard to focus on

living things when there’s just one

dead thing in the photo – we crowd around the idea

& let the loudest heart applaud

*

how much can one image change you? If the

internet is ever present, there is no way to

really leave the room. Here’s a photo that was

never intended to leave your phone – here’s one

of you panicked, all alone, giving birth to

the idea before the idea   

*

good morning all you Millennials. I am so, so
sorry

*

here is photographic proof of

the best poem

ever written

by a person

*

now that I have so much power, strangers

play tricks on me. Like,

here is a photo of you cumming. Here is a different photo

of me cumming. Some stranger used Photoshop

& sliced us together & now I spend my powerful days

tracing each retweet deeper into the Tumblr

to find the space we might have shared

albeit artificial & ultimately unsatisfying. Other

strangers comment:

that doesn’t look like them at all

I try my hardest to ignore the most trivial

& fail

& fail harder




No comments: