Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Heads of My family, My Friends, My Colleagues

It's weird to have two major books come out in the same year. I can only use the word major because I care about them so much – they both come from a place of honesty and caring, but they are very different from each other. Falcons on the Floor can’t be more different from The Heads, as we’re calling it. 

This summer, Newlights Press will publish my first full-length book of poems in four years. Most of them have appear, in one form or another, on this blog, but they will be taken off once the book is out. Yes, no more poems on this blog. 

56 pages, softcover, with printed and stapled dustjacket that adheres to book through a series of magnetic strips, double signature pamphlet stitched, 8 1/8” x 5 1/8”
Letterpress dustjacket & cover, digitally printed pages, staples, magnets 
Edition of 100 
2006 



There’s a lot to be excited about with this book. Undoubtedly, the construction will be unlike any other book. Aaron Cohick makes some of the most beautiful printed objects in the world of fine books and prints. Even if you think my poems are complete shit, you should buy it so you can sell it 20 years from now for eight times the original retail value. 

Another reason to be excited: blurbs by Dorethea Lasky and CA Conrad, two of my favorite poets. I’m not just saying that. They’re hysterical and brilliant and national treasures of the poetry community. 



ETA for The Heads of My family, My friends, My Colleagues is July or August 2012. 





No comments: