Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tim Hetherington - photojournalist - a voice for heroes - RIP


I'm not exactly sure what to say about this. When the world loses an artist this courageous, this tough and sublime, it's something we never really recover from. With the Iraq photos of the day, I rely on these brave photojournalists to bring me closer to a war and to a people I've longed to know more about. Tim Hetherington was one of the best. Restrepo was the only work I really knew of his, but I watched it twice, made my friends watch it, and still get chills when I think about not just the soldiers, but the men behind the cameras. I honor you, man. I envy your courage and keen eye - and I'll always strive to be as observant and careful in my own work. Thank you.

More of Tim Hetherington's photos here

No comments: