Saturday, January 30, 2010

David Franks Week - poem by Andy Devine


And Birds Breakfast Eating in More Morning of the Wife

A, a, a, a, a, a, a, ago, air, alive, all, all, almost, an, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, answering, answering, any, anybody, anymore, anything, arm, arm, armchair, arms, around, at, at, at, at, at, away, away, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, backyard, backyard, backyard, bathroom, bed, bed, behind, behind, bending, bike, blinds, blouse, blouse, book, book, bra, breakfast, breaking, breaking, breathe, brushing, but, but, but, buying, by, called, calling, car, climbing, clocks, close, closing, clothes, couch, could, could, couldn’t, cupboards, day, day, dinner, dinner, dishes, doctor, doing, doing, doors, doorway, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, drink, drink, driveway, driving, dying, ear, eat, eating, eating, either, enough, enough, eyes, face, face, face, falling, find, floors, flowers, folding, forgetting, front, frozen, furniture, gas, get, getting, getting, glass, glasses, go, going, going, gone, goodbye, goodbye, got, grass, hadn’t, hair, hair, hair, hair, hands, head, hear, heat, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, her, herself, herself, highway, hip, holding, hospital, house, hung, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, in, in, in, in, in, in, into, into, kept, laundry, legs, lighting, lights, lipstick, listening, listening, live, living, living, living, locking, looked, looking, looking, looking, looking, looking, lunch, machine, magazine, make, making, making, making, matches, matching, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, mirror, mixing, my, my, my, my, my, my, my, my, name, name, near, newspaper, next, number, numbers, of, of, of, of, of, of, of, of, off, off, off, old, old, old, old, on, on, on, on, on, on, on, on, on, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, or, our, our, our, our, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, outfit, oven, over, pants, photos, picking, pills, pills, place, places, planting, plants, pulling, pumping, putting, radio, reading, records, riding, rinsing, rolled, rolling, room, room, rooms, running, saying, see, setting, settings, shading, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, shirt, shirt, shoelaces, shower, sidewalk, sit, sitting, sitting, sitting, skirt, sleeping, slow, some, standing, standing, standing, steps, still, stove, strands, stripping, sweeping, table, taken, taking, taking, taking, talk, talking, teeth, telephone, telephone, that, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the, them, there, through, through, through, tie, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, to, too, toothbrush, touching, touching, trash, trying, tucking, tucking, turned, turning, turning, turning, turning, unbuttoning, until, underwear, unzipping, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, used, waistband, waking, walking, walking, walls, wanted, was, was, was, washing, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, wasn’t, watching, water, waving, we, where, wife, wife, wife, window, window, windows, with, with, years, yet, yet, ,, ,, ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ., ..


Andy Devine’s alphabetical fiction and essays have appeared in a variety of literary magazines, including New York Tyrant, Unsaid, and Taint. In 2007, he published a chapbook, “As Day Same That the the Was Year” (Publishing Genius). WORDS (2010, Publishing Genius) is his first book. Andy Devine Avenue — in Flagstaff, Arizona — is named after him.

No comments: