Thursday, March 26, 2009

Northampton


Off to Northampton for four days with Phu. She's taking some great paper and book conservation courses at Smith College. Ah, Northhampton. An uber famous musician lives there. An alright memoirist calls it home. There's good beer apparently... and hiking. And yes, it's the birthplace of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. God, it's painful typing that out. Teenage? Why did they have to stick that in the title -- it's a little redundant, right? Aren't teenagers already mutants? I'll acknowledge that I owe Eastman and Laird for turning me into a drawing/doodling/sketching freak and showing me how bazaar indie comic books could be. At 30, I'm still the guy hunched over his desk (or airplane folding tray) with a pen and sketch book. Now, 20 something years after their debut, the Turtles are going strong. That makes me smile.
No matter how hammered we get on that local IPA, we're not going to hunt down the farmhouse where Casey Jones and April make out. I swear. Really.

No comments: