Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend report

One hour of the Baltimore Book Fest; two beers, four readers, effectively changed the name of the band from the City Lit Band to the Lit City Band (free of charge) and left – cried while writing the scene in the cafĂ© where Salim looks up and sees Khalil after thinking he’s died – designed a press kit for A Thing as Big as the Ocean – bought survival gear with Joe Cash – met a Scotsman who just got hit by a SUV – while finishing the last few pages of Falcons on the Floor the electricity goes out and my laptop is the only thing powered in the whole house; I type until the battery dies and I can’t think of a more ironic way to finish the first draft – bought a Halloween sound effects tape at the dollar store and blasted it on my way to work this morning.

3 comments:

Silvia said...

What kind of sound effects are on the tape? I'm thinking like creeky doors opening slowly and wind...

Justin Sirois said...

Right now it's all crazy moaning and high pitched screams -- I turned it way up when I passed the guard's booth at 5:45am.
Hopefully I'll be serenaded by screeching cats on the way home.

lauren bender said...

i am your #1 faaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn